NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Senate President Fischbach to make final campaign push 11/1/12 8:24 p.m.
- Longtime MnDOT chief Tom Sorel steps down for private sector job 11/1/12 11:26 a.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Administrative law judge dismisses complaint against Ritchie, Capitol View
- Bachmann: Only abortion exception should be the life of the mother, Hot Dish Politics
- Election Notebook: Parties begin final appeals, Capitol Chatter
- Pi-Press takes DFL to woodshed on Photo ID, Let Freedom Ring
- Veterans decry voter ID amendment, Hot Dish Politics
- Dayton’s Dissembling, Let Freedom Ring
- Ryan stopping in Minnesota on Sunday, Hot Dish Politics
- Michele Bachmann’s quommittees finally quough up quash for Quist! QuaChing!, Bluestem Prairie
- FINALLY, the information you needed to complete your ballot, Hennepin County Taxpayer Watchdog
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Survey: Minn. manufacturing in slump, MPR
- Target sales rise 2.4 pct. in Oct., MPR
- St. Jude Medical to cut more jobs, MPR
- Local firm to build solar project near Boston, Star Tribune 11/1/12 7:31 p.m.
- DFL appears poised to regain Minnesota Senate and has a shot at retaking House, MinnPost 11/1/12 10:20 a.m.
- Debate does nothing to bridge deep divisions on gay marriage, Duluth News Tribune 11/2/12 12:00 a.m.
- Bachmann, Graves debate health care, auto bailout, Pioneer Press 11/1/12 9:12 p.m.
- Brand Bachmann is getting tested at home, Star Tribune 11/2/12 12:01 a.m.
- Dean Barkley makes YouTube ad for his state Supreme Court bid, MinnPost 11/1/12 1:02 p.m.
- Money in MinnPost’s competitive legislative races, MinnPost 11/1/12 10:21 a.m.
- Newman, Schiroo seeking Senate 18 seat, West Central Tribune 11/1/12 12:00 a.m.
- Candidates in District 16A focus on jobs, economy, taxes, education, West Central Tribune 11/2/12 12:00 a.m.
- Democrats start state bus tour in Duluth, Duluth News Tribune 11/2/12 12:00 a.m.
- Far behind in the polls, Kurt Bills still hopes to sway voters, MPR
- GOP’s Cravaack out to prove 2010 win was no fluke, AP
- New forces driving DFL fundraising power, Star Tribune 11/1/12 11:32 p.m.
- St. Paul Mayor Coleman hits streets to rally Hmong voters to the polls, Pioneer Press 11/1/12 10:26 p.m.
- Spending in Minnesota’s 8th District congressional race surpasses $10 million, Duluth News Tribune 11/1/12 12:00 a.m.
- Deer hunting opening ceremony today in Winona; Gov. Dayton to speak, Winona Daily News
- University of Minnesota eliminates Office of Academic Administration; move saves $1.6 million, Pioneer Press 11/1/12 10:13 p.m.
- Ritchie: 27 ballots tossed after voters die, MPR
- What happens if amendment votes end in a tie?, MPR
- Voter I.D. amendment issue on Tuesday’s ballot, Mankato Free Press
- Regulators push Xcel Energy to explore coal alternatives, Finance and Commerce 11/1/12 4:27 p.m.
- Drought relief in dribs and drabs, Star Tribune 11/1/12 8:23 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Orchestra ties questioned ahead of Mpls. City Council vote, Star Tribune 11/1/12 7:29 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Jane Gilley: Voter ID amendment comes with real costs, Duluth News Tribune 11/1/12 12:00 a.m.
- David Fisher: Marriage amendment would move our Constitution backward, not forward, MPR
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Public kept in dark on another payout, Star Tribune 11/1/12 6:07 p.m.
- Montplaisir a better choice to address budget woes, Winona Daily News
- Sorel resigns as MnDOT commissioner, Finance and Commerce 11/1/12 3:51 p.m.
- MnDOT chief Sorel stepping down, MPR
- Head of MnDOT leaving for top job with AAA Minneapolis, Star Tribune 11/1/12 11:36 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Mayo donates $5,000 to Red Cross for East Coast relief efforts, Mankato Free Press