BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman on vote restriction amendment, MN Progressive Project
- Are these ‘state exchanges’ redundant?, True North
- All things considered, Minnesota is about average, MN Budget Bites
- The Campaign That Couldn’t Shoot Straight, Part IV: Howling With Mild Approval, Shot in the Dark
- Groups start running TV ads in legislative races, Capitol View
- Franken humor is back, Capitol Chatter
- Don’t campaign angry and sexist remarks won’t help either, politics.mn
- Quist trashes Walz for stuff Parry brought up; denies veracity of own statements again, Bluestem Prairie
- Chanting Points Memo: The rigger’s dilemma, Shot in the Dark
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Tax reciprocity deal between Minnesota and Wisconsin at an impasse, Pioneer Press 9/27/12 6:43 p.m.
- Official says no Wis. tax deal, AP
- Inside the quiet at Best Buy: Company’s founder prepares ‘due diligence’, MPR
- 3M plans show a commitment to Maplewood headquarters, Pioneer Press 9/27/12 6:18 p.m.
- Access to northern Minnesota forest becomes leverage in tax law fight, Star Tribune 6/27/12 6:21 p.m.
- Photos: Timber trucks rumble through downtown Duluth in protest, MPR
- Walz and Quist meet for first debate, MPR
- Walz, Quist clash in first debate, New Ulm Journal
- Democrat Walz, Republican Quist on the attack in first debate in southern 1st District, AP
- Bachmann on the move in her toughest race yet, Star Tribune 9/28/12 6:00 a.m.
- 2nd TV ad from GOP ally attacks Nolan on Medicare, AP
- GOP’s Bills challenges Star Tribune Senate poll, Star Tribune 9/27/12 8:02 p.m.
- Senate, House candidates vow to fight for rural interests, InForum 9/26/12 11:30 p.m.
- Vets group urges no vote on amendment banning gay marriage, Mankato Free Press
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- What happens without a farm bill? Right now, not much, MinnPost 9/27/12 9:19 a.m.
CONGRESS – SENATE
CRIME / POLICE
- 53 percent say Dayton is doing good job, Star Tribune 9/27/12 11:05 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Sibley County delays action on fiber optic broadband project, Mankato Free Press
- State gets $42.5 million more from feds for health exchange planning, MinnPost 9/27/12 12:33 p.m.
- State gets $42.5 million toward insurance exchange, Star Tribune 9/27/12 3:03 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Riley Balling: Why same-sex marriage affects my marriage, Star Tribune 9/27/12 6:15 p.m.
- Robert Saxton: Dear conservative-leaning friend, Star Tribune 9/27/12 6:30 p.m.
- Brad Finstad: How MnSCU, U of M could help close critical gaps in continuing ed for farmers, MinnPost 9/28/12 5:00 a.m.
- Have we seen the last of ‘candidate’ Pawlenty?, WCCO
- Minnesota’s racial geography shifting, Star Tribune 9/27/12 10:52 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Vikings stadium: Dallas-based design firm chosen, AP
- Now, everyone in Twin Cities has a stadium, Star Tribune 9/28/12 5:58 a.m.
- Bus changes proposed for Central Corridor’s opening, Pioneer Press 9/27/12 6:36 p.m.
- Oak Park Heights: Xcel stalls plans for parking lot near new St. Croix bridge, Pioneer Press 9/27/12 12:08 p.m.
- Light rail will cater to late-night outings, Star Tribune 9/27/12 8:45 p.m.