NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Legislative Auditor clarifies ‘consultation’ on Medicaid audit 7/24/12 9:48 a.m.
- Dayton appoints House DFL staffer Jaime Tincher as legislative liaison 7/24/12 10:26 a.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Parry campaign says time for Quist to ‘man up’, Political Notebook
- Brodkorb alleges steamy sexcapades, but can he prove it in court?, Wry Wing Politics
- Our legal bills from MNGOP drama are about to skyrocket, MN Publius
- Jaime Tincher joins Dayton’s office, Hot Dish Politics
- Walz’s vets jobs bill becomes law; Parry-Quist bickerfest continues, Bluestem Prairie
- To Rep. Thissen, Let Freedom Ring
- Republicans trying really hard to imagine that the 2012 legislative session was a success, MN Progressive Project
- Paul supporters: Your best days could still be ahead, Shot in the Dark
- Klobuchar nets police endorsement that went to her GOP opponent in 2006, Hot Dish Politics
- The tilted stool of Minnesota’s taxes, Minnesota Brown
- Better know a Senate District: 37, LeftMN
- Former President Clinton to come to MN for dedication of Humphrey statue, Hot Dish Politics
- Graves is gravely wrong on Obamacare being free market reform, Residual Forces
- Politicians agree reporter Brad Swenson was ‘one of a kind’, Capitol Chatter
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Major hedge fund dumps Best Buy, Star Tribune 7/24/12 9:47 p.m.
- States press Congress to make Internet merchants collect sales taxes for them, AP
- Greater Mankato Growth to add full-time lobbyist to payroll, Mankato Free Press
- Parry, Quist race intensifies, New Ulm Journal
- Quist: Medicaid audit not enough, Winona Daily News
- Police group endorses Klobuchar, AP
- Kurt Bills heads to D.C. for a fundraiser with the political Pauls, Ron and Rand, MinnPost 7/24/12 11:33 a.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Hennepin County Board adopts workplace bullying policy, Star Tribune 7/24/12 5:25 p.m.
- Uninsured kids have Minnesota sliding down list, Star Tribune 7/24/12 11:00 p.m.
- Judge slows Le Sueur group’s lawsuit against biofuel plant, Mankato Free Press
- Brodkorb lawsuit could face limits on naming Capitol affairs, MinnPost 7/24/12 12:42 p.m.
- GOP sex scandal causes political hazard, KSTP 7/24/12 3:37 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Frank Bruni: Michele Bachmann — a dangerous fundamentalist?, New York Times
- Scott Wolff: Affordable Care Act begins to end industry’s iron grip on health care, Duluth News Tribune
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- What did the state ever do to Brodkorb?, New Ulm Journal
- Michele Bachmann needs a ‘time out’ from Congress, Worthington Daily Globe
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Metro Gang Strike Force claims total $840K, MPR
- Police, feds’ new goal: Choke heroin trafficking, MPR
- Minnesota whooping cough cases on pace to double past record, Pioneer Press 7/24/12 5:28 p.m.
- Minnesota sex-offender lawsuit takes step forward, Star Tribune 7/25/12 6:35 a.m.
- Judge: MN sex offender suit can be class action, AP
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Businesses along Central Corridor complain of damage to their buildings, MPR
- Court: St. Paul can’t pre-empt state building code, Star Tribune 7/24/12 5:27 p.m.
- Minneapolis City Council shines light on police Civilian Review Authority, MPR
- Downtown Minneapolis is seen as drowning in a sea of parking lots, Star Tribune 7/25/12 6:20 a.m.