NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Brodkorb sues Senate for discrimination, defamation and invasion of privacy 7/23/12 2:53 p.m.
- House GOP assails revenue increases in federal health care act 7/23/12 5:08 p.m.
- DHS seeks independent audit of past Medicaid rates 7/23/12 11:16 a.m.
- KSTP survey shows momentum for Romney, cash-strapped conservatives 7/23/12 1:55 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- The rest of that SurveyUSA poll, LeftMN
- What’s so extreme about Cindy Pugh? Curtis Bowers in SWM Tea Party’s latest video, for one, Bluestem Prairie
- Thoughtful Minnesotans, Chip Cravaack vs. environmentalists, Let Freedom Ring
- Brodkorb sues the Minnesota Senate, Capitol View
- Top-10 success stories of GOP legislature, Let Freedom Ring
- Alida will not be amused, Shot in the Dark
- Quist touts Valeriano during fundraiser, Political Notebook
- “Underbelly” of school tax levy, the consultant, Open Secrets
- Dayton, in praise of paper, Hot Dish Politics
- Parry and Quist debate the debates, Political Notebooks
- There’s a there, there, Shot in the Dark
- Why aren’t Minnesota reporters asking: ‘What the frack Is Pawlenty up to at Smart Sands?’, Wry Wing Politics
- Exclusive* interview with Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Hot Air
- Zellers backs challenger over House GOP caucus member, Capitol View
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- DEED awards $70K to train northern Minnesota workers, Finance and Commerce 7/24/12 7:00 a.m.
- A final vendor to build MN insurance platform hired, Star Tribune 7/23/12 9:15 p.m.
- Costly Canadian border bottlenecks frustrate MN businesses, Star Tribune 7/23/12 11:20 p.m.
- Carlson: Steep rise in local airfares, MPR
- Bills eyes DC cash for Senate campaign, AP
- Bachmann participates in Quist fundraiser, New Ulm Journal
- Bachmann comments throw ‘silent’ Reince Priebus, GOP off message, MinnPost
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Why few Republicans will criticize Michele Bachmann, MPR
- Paulsen challenges Bachmann over Islamist remarks, AP
- Rep. Paulsen disputes Bachmann remarks, MPR
- Mpls. district wants to raze Shingle Creek Elementary, Star Tribune 7/23/12 7:46 p.m.
- Carleton puts rush order on $11M renovation, Finance and Commerce
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- In Eagan, plans to preserve park stall, Star Tribune 7/23/12 9:20 p.m.
- Children’s Museum announces $4 million building plans, Mankato Free Press
- Willmar utility board approves contract for 5.5 megawatts, West Central Tribune 7/24/12 12:00 a.m.
- Shakopee mayor opposes marriage amendment, Jordan Independent 7/20/12 11:41 p.m.
- Auditor will examine MN medical payments, Star Tribune 7/23/12 9:18 p.m.
- Minn. seeking outside Medicaid audit, MPR
- Medicaid program: Independent audit sought; federal probes under way, Pioneer Press 7/23/12 9:51 p.m.
- Early analysis shows limited Minnesota revenue impact from health care law, MinnPost
- Republican lawmakers warn of health care law’s tax implication, MPR
- Brodkorb set to spill Senate secrets, Star Tribune 7/23/12 9:46 p.m.
- Michael Brodkorb sues over Senate firing after affair, Pioneer Press 7/24/12 7:45 a.m.
- Brodkorb sues over firing; alleges wrongful dismissal, MPR
- Brodkorb lawsuit against state claims he was fired because he’s a man, MinnPost
- Ex-Senate aide sues over firing after affair, KSTP 7/23/12 6:18 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Victims of Metro Gang Strike Force awarded $840,000, Star Tribune 7/23/12 11:21 p.m.
- Hennepin County Board to consider workplace bullying policy, Star Tribune 7/23/12 11:50 p.m.
- Violence shadows Mpls. homeless, Star Tribune 7/24/12 7:05 a.m.
- Minnesota ex-nurse is free pending appeal in suicides case, AP
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Group fills vacant University Ave. space with temporary users, Finance and Commerce 7/23/12 7:30 a.m.
- Met Council could force Southwest LRT engineering to be rebid, Finance and Commerce 7/23/12 8:55 p.m.
- Working on the Railroad: Central Corridor to become the Green Line upon completion, Finance and Commerce 7/23/12 4:41 p.m.