NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- RPM asks: Where do we go from here? 7/20/12 2:36 p.m.
- Semantics or fraud? Congressional investigators probe UCare’s $30 milllion payment to state 7/20/12 2:36 p.m.
- DFL third-party and anti-amendment groups still winning the fundraising wars 7/20/12 2:35 p.m.
- Phil Krinkie: Bonding: If at first you don’t succeed, reapply 7/20/12 2:27 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Minnesota Supreme Court to hear marriage, photo ID title fights on same day, Hot Dish Politics
- Minnesota’s Constitutional Amendment Process Has Serious Flaws, mnpACT!
- McCarthy, Michele Bachmann vs. McCain, Muslim Brotherhood, Let Freedeom Ring
- If Mary Kiffmeyer couldn’t smell fraud when it was right under her nose, how are we to trust her (and Minnesota Majority pals) on photo ID?, Bluestem Prairie
- Interview with Jim Graves: on Obamacare, taxation, and his toughest moments., MN Progressive Project
- Almanac debate sharpens approaching MN-8 DFL primary, Minnesota Brown
- Tarryl Clark, Itinerant Representative of the People, Mr. Dilettante’s Neighborhood
- SurveyUSA poll: Minnesota is battleground state, Let Freedom Ring
- Rule Number One of Hitchhiking and Poll Watching, Don’t Panic, Left MN
- Primaries for Minn. Legislature will shape field, AP
- Pawlenty’s lack of pizazz may be just the ticket, Star Tribune 7/22/12 8:07 a.m.
- Tim Pawlenty might bring a lot to the Mitt Romney ticket, Pioneer Press 7/21/12 10:26 p.m.
- New poll shows large margin in favor of marriage amendment, Pioneer Press 7/23/12 7:01 a.m.
- DFL veers to center as it targets Kline, Star Tribune 7/21/12 9:49 p.m.
- Michele Bachmann appears at Rochester fundraiser, Rochester Post-Bulletin 7/20/12 11:05 p.m.
- Persistence keeps Clark on campaign trail, Star Tribune 7/22/12 9:32 p.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Minnesota recognized for protecting military voting rights, Alexandria Echo Press 7/21/12 10:48 a.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Biofuel project opponents file suit against Le Sueur, Mankato Free Press
- Out of the office: City Hall receptionists, Star Tribune 7/22/12 11:35 p.m.
- Republican legislators take Ritchie to task over photo ID, Star Tribune 7/20/12 10:01 p.m.
- Altered Minn. Amendments Spur Partisanship Charge, KSTP 7/20/12 11:49 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Jon Tevlin: Could this be Bachmann’s McCarthy moment?, Star Tribune 7/21/12 6:33 p.m.
- Mary C. Curtis: Michele Bachmann, John Sununu and a new McCarthyism, Washington Post
- Myron Orfield: The flag of equality is planted in suburbia, Star Tribune 7/21/12 6:33 p.m.
- Joe Repya: Let’s audit those state GOP finances, Star Tribune 7/22/12 8:11 p.m.
- Mike Mosedale: Gov. Dayton not far off on NFL, combat, Star Tribune 7/22/12 8:09 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Michele Bachmann’s verbal bomb-throwing, Star Tribune 7/21/12 4:35 p.m.
- Editorial: On constitutional amendments, a ‘non-vote’ has the same effect as a ‘no’ vote, Pioneer Press 7/21/12 3:48 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY