BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Boehner: Bachmann Muslim accusations ‘dangerous’, Hot Dish Politics
- Bachmann suggests Ellison has ties to Muslim Brotherhood, Capitol View
- McCollum NASCAR amendment crashes on final lap, Capitol View
- Dayton apologizes for Vikings arrest comments, Hot Dish Politics
- Ritchie faces second suit over rewriting amendment title, Capitol Chatter
- Minneapolis reports on effects of potential Voter ID law, MN Progressive Project
- The unofficial backgrounder for getting to know Tim Pawlenty, Wry Wing Politics
- No idea, Mr. Dilettante’s Neighborhood
- No margin for compromise, Let Freedom Ring
- Interview with Jim Graves: why we can beat Michele Bachmann, this year, MN Progressive Project
- Jeff Anderson continues mining offensive against Clark, Nolan, Let Freedom Ring
- What did Kiffmeyer right-hand worker Kent Kaiser know about ID fraudster “Victoria Ayoola” & when did he know it?, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Revenue commissioner: State tax system in need of repair, Bemidji Pioneer 7/19/12 1:54 a.m.
- State gains jobs in June; Mankato area sees increase, Mankato Free Press
- Uptick for Minn. housing as U.S. sales and mortgage rates drop, AP
- Schafer: Leveraged buyout of Best Buy? Too late, Star Tribune 7/19/12 9:41 p.m.
- Strategist is central figure against gay marriage, AP
- Clark blasts Cravaack votes to cut FEMA funding, Duluth News Tribune 7/20/12 12:00 a.m.
- Parry declines debate, Mankato Free Press
- Metro moms vow to defeat marriage amendment, one flag at a time, KSTP 7/19/12 11:14 p.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Bachmann backlash grows over her comments about Clinton aide, Pioneer Press 7/19/12 3:16 p.m.
- Bachmann: Ellison has ‘long record’ of association with Muslim Brotherhood, WCCO
- Latest to rip Bachmann: Her former presidential campaign manager, MinnPost 7/19/12 5:10 p.m.
CRIME / POLICE
- Mpls. cop seeking $640,000 in suit over job transfer, Star Tribune 7/19/12 11:14 p.m.
- Zebra mussel reportedly found in Lake Minnewaska, Star Tribune 7/19/12 3:01 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Farmington will stick with its downtown liquor store, Pioneer Press 7/19/12 9:12 p.m.
- Vadnais arena dings city’s credit rating, Star Tribune 7/19/12 11:13 p.m.
- Gay marriage, voter ID titles: Swanson unconfirmed, Ritchie sending associate to hearing, Pioneer Press 7/19/12 2:04 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Reps. Tim O’Driscoll and Denise Dittrich: BWCA land swap has a moral purpose, Star Tribune 7/19/12 8:24 p.m.
- Man who led Metrodome’s operation for 25 years departs, Star Tribune 7/19/12 11:15 a.m.
- Twin Cities suburbs diversifying at rate among fastest in nation, Pioneer Press 7/20/12 8:04 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Task force: state should pass anti-bullying law, AP
- Court records: Dakota County prosecutor knew of St. Paul crime lab problems, MPR
- Pregnancy test kits headed to Minnesota bars, Star Tribune 7/19/12 7:50 p.m.
- St. Paul crime lab director replaced, Star Tribune 7/19/12 11:18 p.m.
- Two charged with hate crime in Iron Range brawl, Duluth News Tribune 7/20/12 5:21 a.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- While waiting for state funds, St. Paul assembles pieces for Saints ballpark, MinnPost 7/19/12 12:24 p.m.
- Downtown Mpls. businesses feel ignored by city in crime plan, KSTP 7/19/12 11:20 p.m.
- IDS Center back on the market, Star Tribune 7/19/12 9:41 p.m.