Each year, Minnesota Lawyer recognizes the best achievements in the Minnesota legal profession with the Attorneys of the Year awards.
This year’s attorneys were chosen based on their leadership, involvement in major cases or other newsworthy events, excellence in corporate or transactional services, and public service.
The nominations were submitted by judges, bar groups, clients and fellow attorneys. The honorees come from diverse practice groups including criminal law, litigation, public service, intellectual property and in-house legal departments. The honorees were chosen by a panel of past winners.
This year there were also nine repeat Attorneys of the Year. Five additional attorneys were recognized for a lifetime of dedication and commitment to the Minnesota legal community with the Outstanding Service to the Profession award.
The newspaper will host an awards program Feb. 19 at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis to recognize this year’s honorees will publish a special section highlighting the honorees.
Dahl Trial Team – Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP.
- Stacey P. Slaughter | Thomas J. Undlin | K. Craig Wildfang
HealthPartners and Park Nicollet Merger Team
Jesse Ventura Trial Team – Henson & Efron, P.A.
- Court J. Anderson
- John N. Bisanz, Jr.
- Benjamin J. Hamborg
- David Bradley Olsen
Kucera v. Jesperson Trial Team
- Kathryn Bennett – Gaskins Bennett Birrell Schupp LLP
- Robert Bennett – Gaskins Bennett Birrell Schupp LLP
- Jeffrey Montpetit – SiebenCarey
- Andrew Noel – Gaskins Bennett Birrell Schupp LLP
LegalCORPS Inventor Assistance Program Team
- Jay Erstling – Patterson Thuente IP
- Neil Meyer – Meyer & Njus
- Jim Patterson – Patterson Thuente IP
- Mark Privratsky – Lindquist & Vennum LLP
- Amy Salmela – Patterson Thuente IP
Norman Trial Team
- Charles A. Bird – Bird, Jacobsen & Stevens
- Will Mahler – Will Mahler Law Firm
- Jeremy R. Stevens – Bird, Jacobsen & Steven
Pritzker Trial Team – PritzkerOlsen, P.A.
- Brendan Flaherty | Kelly McNabb | Fred Pritzker
- Richard Ruohonen & Charles Slane – TSR Injury Law
- Julie Firestone & Daniel J. Supalla – Briggs and Morgan, P.A.
- Tiffany A. Blofield & Craig S. Krummen – Winthrop & Weinstine, P.A.
- Carl Crosby Lehmann & Kathryn Nash – Gray Plant Mooty
- Richard G. Braman – The Sedona Conference
- Kerry Bundy – Faegre Baker Daniels
- Bradford Colbert – William Mitchell College of Law
- Eric Day – The Law Offices of Eric S. Day, PLLC
- Deborah Ellis – Ellis Law Office
- Mary Giesler – Minnesota Twins
- Karla M. Gluek – Gustafson Gluek PLLC
- Anne Tyler Gueinzius – Children’s Law Center of Minnesota
- Clayton Halunen – Halunen & Associates
- Rebecca K. Hasse – Allina Health
- Wallace G. Hilke – Lindquist & Vennum
- Richard H. Kyle, Jr. – Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
- Professor Nekima Levy Pounds, Esq. – University of St. Thomas School of Law
- Kimberly A. Lowe – Fredrikson & Byron P.A.
- Katherine L. MacKinnon – Law Office of Katherine L. MacKinnon
- Donald Chance Mark, Jr. – Fafinski Mark & Johnson
- Teresa Fariss McClain – Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P.
- Pete Orput – Office of the Washington County Attorney
- Debra K. Page – Lindquist & Vennum LLP
- Kenneth Ubong Udoibok – Kenneth Ubong Udoibok P.A.
- Joshua Williams – Law Office of Joshua Williams
- Andrew Winter – Office of the United States Attorney, District of Minnesota
- Rachel K. Zimmerman – Merchant & Gould
Outstanding Service to the Profession
- Fred Finch – Bassford Remele
- Fred T. Friedman – Minnesota Board of Public Defense
- John Kingrey – Minnesota County Attorneys Association
- Justice Alan C. Page – Minnesota Supreme Court
- Richard Pemberton – Pemberton Law