NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Gauthier reverses decision, drops out of Duluth House race 8/22/12 5:39 p.m.
- Get-out-the-vote effort propelled Hawj’s win 8/22/12 4:06 p.m.
- Paltry turnout rekindles June primary talk 8/22/12 3:58 p.m.
- Reports: Gauthier to seek re-election to Duluth House seat 8/22/12 11:43 a.m.
- Minnesota Supreme Court rejects defective candidate filings 8/22/12 11:35 a.m.
- Incoming school boards leader Schneidawind fights the school funding battle 8/22/12 3:22 p.m.
- David Schultz: The misplaced hype over political conventions 8/22/12 3:50 p.m.
- Dane Smith: Research: Higher-ed improvements would help Minnesota more than most states 8/22/12 3:53 p.m.
- Capitol 10: Best of the freshman legislators 8/22/12 3:40 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Dayton and legislative leaders announce Friday flood-relief session, Hot Dish Politics
- King Wilson bets on Hawaii, Capitol View
- Pawlenty snags speaking spot at the RNC, Capitol View
- Governor Dayton’s brilliant choice of Justice Wilhemina Wright, MN Progressive Project
- Lime Township meeting uproar illustrates value of LSP frac sand & local control workshops, Bluestem Prairie
- Report: Gauthier to run for re-election, Capitol View
- A day of pressure and Gauthier opts out of re-election bid, Capitol Chatter
- Gauthier changes mind; opts to end campaign, Minnesota Brown
- Rep. Gauthier changes his mind, mnpACT!
- The situation in 7B – Gauthier withdraws, MN Progressive Project
- Duluth… so now what?, Left MN
- Idle hands, Shot in the Dark
- Businesses hurt by Governor veto of fireworks sales, Rep. Bruce Vogel
- Is MnSCU antiquated?, Let Freedom Ring
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- States aim to boost minority, female firms on St. Croix project, Finance and Commerce 8/22/12 4:40 p.m.
- Augsburg College joins coalition opposing marriage amendment, MinnPost 8/22/12 9:31 a.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Stillwater bridge: Oak Park Heights vote will come Thursday night, Pioneer Press 8/22/12 11:34 p.m.
- Deal reached for $167 million in Minn. flood relief, MPR
- One-day special session on disaster relief starts at 2 p.m. Friday, MinnPost
- Rep. Huntley: Gauthier ‘a child molester’, Duluth News Tribune 8/22/12 1:27 p.m.
- Duluth’s Gauthier: ‘I am done’, Star Tribune 8/23/12 6:28 a.m.
- Gauthier changes mind, won’t run for re-election after all, AP
- Gauthier drops out of Minnesota House race, Duluth News Tribune 8/23/12 12:00 a.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Sen. Roger Reinert: Northland will benefit from special legislative flood session, Duluth News Tribune 8/23/12 12:00 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Wind needs tax credit, Red Wing Republican Eagle 8/22/12 12:00 a.m.
- Editorial: State storm relief finally on the way, Star Tribune 8/22/12 7:07 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- West Nile virus cases on the rise in Minnesota, MPR
- West Nile cases skyrocket across nation, Minnesota is no exception, AP
- St. Paul crime lab: Worker says she didn’t worry about contamination, Pioneer Press 8/22/12 9:53 p.m.
- St. Paul crime lab challenge’s focus shifts to the viability of evidence, Star Tribune 8/22/12 10:43 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- The Battle of Linden Hills, Part Two, Finance and Commerce 8/22/12 4:04 p.m.
- Minneapolis defers action on increased business license fees, MinnPost 8/22/12 10:12 a.m.
- Changes proposed for Portland, Park avenues, Star Tribune 8/21/12 4:01 p.m.
- Minneapolis businesses wary of stricter city rules, Star Tribune 8/22/12 10:14 p.m.
- Elk Run interchange won’t be done until 2013, Rochester Post-Bulletin 8/22/12 9:39 a.m.