NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
- Republican Party units losing cash race so far this year , 8/1/12 3:53 p.m.
- Conservative group attacking Doepke for vote on bird habitat funding, 8/1/12 3:47 p.m.
- Capitol 10: Issues on the campaign trail, 8/1/12 3:40 p.m.
- Documents shed light on Wisconsin redistricting, 8/1/12 3:35 p.m.
- Democratic caucuses: exultant about cash haul, wary of conservative indy spenders, 8/1/12 4:02 p.m.
- Leaders in Public Policy: They came, they saw, they celebrated, 8/1/12 2:01 p.m.
- On the fracking front, 8/1/12 3:10 p.m.
- Minn. Supreme Court: Pesticide drift isn’t trespassing, AP 8/1/12
- House to take up bill to help livestock producers hit by drought, AP 8/2/12
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Does the HRCC campaign finance report indicate hard times brewing for Rep. Mary Franson?, Bluestem Prairie
- UPDATED ! Quist pre-primary FEC fundraising report: $18,800 raised: $117878.60 COH, Bluestem Prairie
Can’t Convince ‘em? Confuse ‘em, Hindsight 2020
- Klobuchar’s vote for ACA was a vote to kill jobs, Let Freedom Ring
Extension of Current Farm Policy Uncertain, MN progressive project
- Dayton’s former foe to raise money for him, Capitol View
- Chris Fields calls Keith Ellison a reverse racist, Blotter
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- AGC sees growth in construction spending, Finance and Commerce 8/1/12 3:00 p.m.
- Twin Cities start-up launching iPad app to rival Evernote, founder says, Pioneer Press 8/1/12 12:01 p.m.
- Target, Wells Fargo among top corporate donors nationally, Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal 8/1/12 11:54 a.m.
- Bachmann still haunted by Iowa presidential campaign, KARE 8/2/12 12:40 a.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Congressman Ellison to hold forum on proposed Voter ID amendment, MinnPost 8/1/12 2:54 p.m.
- House heading toward election-year tax showdown, AP 8/1/12
- GOP-controlled House votes to renew Bush-era tax cuts, AP 8/1/12
- As Promised, Dayton Appeals FEMA Flood Aid Denial,5 Eyewitness New 8/1/12 2:11 p.m.
- New Jersey bullying law could be model for Minn, MPR 8/2/12
- Advocates: ND tobacco ban on Nov. ballot, AP 8/1/12
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Fillmore agency to close, Rochester Post-Bulletin 8/1/12 10:01 a.m.
- Judge tosses out Elysian city administrator’s lawsuit against mayor, Mankato Free Press 8/1/12
- Hennepin County court rules same-sex partner can inherit assets, Star Tribune 8/1/12 10:58 p.m.
- Appeals court blocks enforcement of Ariz. ban on abortions starting at 20 weeks of pregnancy, AP 8/1/12
- Picket line marks one year anniversary of American Cyrstal Sugar lockout, WDAY New 8/1/12 5:03 p.m.
- Lawmakers urged to toughen MN anti-bullying law, KARE 11 8/1/12 10:13 a.m.
- Twin Cities Metro Magazine shutting down; editor says news “wasn’t a surprise” [UPDATE], City Pages 8/1/12 1:49 p.m.
- Logistics announced for Saturday HHH statue unveiling at the Capitol, MinnPost 8/1/12 10:17 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Our View: Set high standard for early kindergarten, Rochester Post Bulletin 8/1/12 9:11 a.m.
- Editorial: State aims to build a better Medicaid, Star Tribune 8/2/12 6:14 a.m.
- Ritchie talk at Catholic church is put off amid furor, Star Tribune 8/1/12 11:40 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Minneapolis bridge collapse survivors still suffer, AP 8/1/12
- Minnesota appeals disaster aid rejection, West Central Tribune 8/1/12 2:23 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Cities debate art vs. advertising, MPR 8/1/12
- Soccer fans want say on Vikings stadium, Star Tribune 8/1/12 9:57 p.m.
Z-FILE: IRRESISTIBLE STORIES BEYOND THE PURVIEW OF PIM