BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Campaign finance board to investigate ALEC, Capitol View
- Bills files to challenge Klobuchar, Capitol Chatter
- What the heck is PVI anyway?, LeftMN
- The Exposed Intellectual Id Of The DFL, Chapter CXXVI, Shot in the Dark
- Will Minneapolis follow Boulder in challenging Xcel?, Midwest Energy News
- Tarryl trapped in Blue Green Alliance scandal, Let Freedom Ring
- Eric Black grinds his axe, Mr. Dilettante’s Neighborhood
- Place your bets, Shot in the Dark
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Mankato’s civic center strategy: Ask for $14.5 million, but plan for less, Mankato Free Press
- Bills backs US budget cutting agencies, aid, AP
- GOP candidate Bills does about-face on foreign aid, MPR
- Bills touts Paul budget in Senate race, Star Tribune 5/29/12 9:07 a.m.
- Democrats to hold state convention in Rochester, Rochester Post-Bulletin 5/29/12 9:50 a.m.
- At least part of recount group’s ‘mystery CEOs’ case may be solved, MinnPost
- Women Winning endorses 50 pro-choice legislative candidates, MinnPost 5/29/12 10:07 a.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- Walz, GOP candidates disagree on high-speed rail, Rochester Post-Bulletin 5/29/12 8:45 p.m.
CONGRESS – SENATE
- Klobuchar visits with veterans, honors Kandiyohi County veterans service officer, West Central Tribune 5/30/12 12:00 a.m.
- Klobuchar talks veterans’ issues, Marshall Independent
- Franken hearing Wednesday to focus on Fairview collection tactics, Pioneer Press 5/29/12 8:59 p.m.
- St. Paul: Partnership with Hamline pushes schoolchildren toward college, Pioneer Press 5/29/12 9:50 p.m.
- Voter ID ballot question draws lawsuit, AP
- Minnesota campaign finance board to investigate complaint against ALEC, Pioneer Press 5/29/12 8:20 p.m.
- Southern MN lakes could be in store for federal money to help fight Asian carp, Marshall Independent
- Coalition targets Minnesota farmers for cleanup of river sludge, Star Tribune 5/29/12 9:12 p.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Board OKs $1.3M in bonding at New London-Spicer, AP
- Mankato council to talk gay marriage, Mankato Free Press
- State’s suit against designer of 35W bridge to go forward, Star Tribune 5/29/12 8:47 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Rep. Steve Drazkowski: The good and bad of the ’12 legislative session, Red Wing Republican Eagle 5/26/12 8:00 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: Tuition cost shift hurts state’s future, Star Tribune 5/29/12 10:44 p.m.
- Editorial: Tighter reins on salaries at the University of Minnesota, Pioneer Press 5/29/12 5:32 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Higher Ground finds a home, Finance and Commerce 5/30/12 7:30 a.m.
- Minnesota’s sex-offender program leader to retire in June, Star Tribune 5/29/12 7:50 p.m.
- 3 arrested in Mpls. Occupy protest, MPR
- American Indian Family Center’s manager target of protests, Pioneer Press 5/29/12 7:16 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Stenglein builds on strengths, Star Tribune 5/29/12 10:22 p.m.
- Six blighted Twin Cities locations — and what should be there instead, MinnPost 5/29/12 10:20 a.m.
- Star Tribune CEO: ‘No hurry’ to sell Vikings stadium land; would stay downtown, MinnPost 5/29/12 10:35 a.m.