NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Legislature sends enviro permitting bill to Dayton 3/29/12 2:07 p.m.
- Crowded DFL field vying for Kriesel’s House seat 3/29/12 11:14 a.m.
- Jeff Anderson will run in CD 8 DFL primary 3/29/12 10:45 a.m.
- Senate bonding bill heads to floor 3/29/12 9:54 a.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- The MN Legislature’s pointless, useless tax bills, MN Progressive Project
- Ron Paul endorses state Rep. Kurt Bills’ U.S. Senate run, Hot Dish Politics
- Anderson touts mining, commits to MN-8 DFL primary, Minnesota Brown
- Byberg buys endorsements? Hennen deceives?, Minnesota Conservatives
- Dayton won’t support teacher tenure bill, Capitol View
- Just Vote No rally draws crowds to Capitol, Hot Dish Politics
- Ritchie’s anti-Photo ID campaign doesn’t belong on SoS website, Let Freedom Ring
- 59B: dueling endorsements, Ellison and Sayles-Belton, Minnesota Progressive Project
- Senate bonding: Political games and payback, mnpACT!
- DFL Party leaders concerned about 8th District primary battle, Capitol View
- Minnesota GOP legislators announce full blockade of St. Paul and Minneapolis, The Same Rowdy Crowd
- LGBT Lobby day at the Capitol, Terry Gydesen
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Xcel gets OK for 2.7% rate hike, but customers will get a refund, Star Tribune 3/29/12 8:26 p.m.
- Best Buy: 5 Twin Cities stores among 50 to be closed, Pioneer Press 3/30/12 1:30 a.m.
- Sen. Klobuchar draws three Republican challengers, MPR
- Carol Wenner runs for District 8B post, Alexandria Echo Press 3/28/12 12:00 a.m.
CONGRESS – HOUSE
- McCollum: Republican budget a ‘millionaires manifesto’, MinnPost 3/29/12 4:46 p.m.
CONGRESS – SENATE
- Senator Al Franken introduces rural energy program bill, MinnPost 3/29/12 10:25 a.m.
- Dayton expected to sign bill to speed permit approvals, MPR
- GOP lawmakers square off with Dayton over education bills, MPR
- Seniority-based teacher layoffs: Dayton won’t sign GOP bill, Pioneer Press 3/30/12 12:12 a.m.
- Did Senate bonding bill spurn the U?, Star Tribune 3/29/12 11:21 a.m.
- Photo ID battle turns into a war over the wording, Star Tribune 3/29/12 8:45 p.m.
- Squawk over hungry cormorants heard in Washington, Star Tribune 3/30/12 12:03 a.m.
- Six reasons why right-to-work bill is going nowhere in Minnesota, MinnPost 3/29/12 10:15 a.m.
- Mankato civic center expansion project receives new life, Mankato Free Press
- Democrats unable to restore pay cuts to personal care assistants of relatives, Pioneer Press 3/29/12 8:42 p.m.
- Senate and House leaders can barely see one another across bonding-bill chasm, MinnPost 3/29/12 10:48 a.m.
- Anderson endorsed by GOP in District 12B, Alexandria Echo Press 3/28/12 12:00 a.m.
- Legislation could restrict clawbacks in Petters case, Star Tribune 3/29/12 9:04 p.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Sen. Roger Reinert: ‘Focus on what’s important for Minnesotans,’ you say? Yes, let’s., Star Tribune 3/29/12 7:16 p.m.
- Mark Ritchie: Swift action needed to save same-day registration, MinnPost 3/30/12 5:00 a.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Hundreds rally at Capitol against marriage amendment, WCCO
- Gay marriage backers rally at State Capitol, Star Tribune 3/29/12 9:03 p.m.
- Minnesotans want independent, nonpartisan redistricting, LWV survey reports, MinnPost 3/29/12 10:46 a.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Greyhound pulls out of St. Paul Union Depot before it opens, Pioneer Press 3/29/12 8:18 p.m.
- Dayton: More hurdles to overcome in stadium debate, MPR
- Dayton ‘mystified’ by charities pushing for better e-pulltab deal, Pioneer Press 3/29/12 5:36 p.m.
- Stadium impasse vexes Dayton, Star Tribune 3/29/12 11:04 p.m.
- Latest Vikings stadium hang-up: gambling operators, AP 3/29/12 5:38 p.m.
- Dakota County changes plans for rapid bus stations on Cedar, Pioneer Press 3/30/12 12:17 a.m.