NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- GOPers eye retiring Sen. Gerlach’s seat 3/26/12 10:11 a.m.
- GOP convention in HD 30A deadlocks over Kiffmeyer successor 3/26/12 11:04 a.m.
- Carlson, Masin win DFL endorsements in Eagan 3/26/12 12:16 p.m.
- Roulet drops endorsement challenge to Limmer 3/26/12 3:47 p.m.
- DFL field emerging in CD 2 contest 3/26/12 5:08 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Dayton rips Republicans over constitutional amendments, Hot Dish Politics
- District 51 GOP candidate field, mnpACT!
- Gaither to challenge Bonoff in SD44, North Star Liberty
- Rick Nolan wins Duluth, Ely; takes early lead in DFL endorsement race, MN Progressive Project
- Senate ethics committee restart? Not clear, Hot Dish Politics
- I’d pay to see this, Let Freedom Ring
- Vikings to Plot of Land East of Metrodome IV — Round Those Heels, Mr. Dilettante’s Neighborhood
- Emo Senator: Mike Parry goes Hollywood with Coen Brothers production, Bluestem Prairie
- When will the Minnesota Legislature end?, Open Secrets
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Northfield councilman to challenge Kline for Congress, Rochester Post-Bulletin 3/25/12 5:27 p.m.
- Walz visits area DFL conventions, Albert Lea Tribune 3/26/12 11:05 a.m.
- Teacher tenure bill may be unacceptable to Gov. Dayton, MPR
- Republicans look to governor on teacher layoffs, Pioneer Press 3/26/12 9:56 p.m.
- Dayton criticizes GOP health insurance exchange efforts, Pioneer Press 3/26/12 11:06 p.m.
- Inver Grove Heights voters to decide on school technology funds, Pioneer Press 3/26/12 11:00 p.m.
- Burning restrictions take effect in 35 Minnesota counties; list will grow next Monday, AP 3/26/12 5:28 p.m.
- MN timber harvest down 25-30 percent since 2006, AP
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Higher fire costs may be coming for townships, Marshall Independent
- Monticello Municipal Broadband slugs it out, MPR
- Inver Grove Heights: Ruling: Store owner was fairly compensated, Pioneer Press 3/26/12 9:05 p.m.
- Council discusses library options, Mankato Free Press
- Businesses, patients anxious for health care ruling, Star Tribune 3/26/12 10:51 p.m.
- Bonding will be the focus at the Minnesota Capitol this week, MPR
- Heavy lifting remains on bonding bill, Marshall Independent
- Locals have high hopes for Senate bonding bill, Rochester Post-Bulletin 3/26/12 8:08 a.m.
- Lawmakers consider giving schools the option to start before Labor Day, MPR
- Minnesota Senate OKs $430M partial payback for schools, using reserve money, Pioneer Press 3/26/12 11:07 p.m.
- Republicans struggle to put Michel complaint behind them, MinnPost 3/26/12 9:23 a.m.
- Minneapolis stadium lacking only one hurdle, Alexandria Echo Press 3/26/12 2:43 p.m.
- Vikings stadium clears hurdle; more to come in Legislature, MPR
- Metro Transit governance could change, Session Daily
- When session will adjourn is anyone’s guess, Marshall Independent
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Lori Sturdevant: A Senate too green, Star Tribune 3/26/12 12:15 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- U study: Minn. primary seat belt law helped reduce traffic deaths, MPR
- Protester sues after being detained for writing on sidewalk, Pioneer Press 3/26/12 9:04 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- State of the City: Mayor says deal in works for Saints site, Pioneer Press 3/26/12 10:55 p.m.