NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Endorsement battles bring March madness to Capitol 3/21/12 4:09 p.m.
- House bonding package draws fire from all sides 3/21/12 4:10 p.m.
- Minnesota Senate: Out with the old 3/21/12 4:04 p.m.
- Senate tax bill cuts business property levy, transfers $100 million 3/21/12 9:42 a.m.
- Photo ID headed to Senate floor 3/21/12 2:10 p.m.
- Dane Smith: Why the ‘iron lady’ didn’t dismantle Britain’s universal health care system 3/21/12 4:00 p.m.
- David Schultz: Presidential politics: It’s the swing states, stupid 3/21/12 3:57 p.m.
- Capitol tours impress, educate visitors of all ages 3/21/12 3:44 p.m.
- Capitol 10: Biggest spenders at the Capitol 3/21/12 3:45 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- Shoot first, America., The Same Rowdy Crowd
- Photo ID and Republican values, The Cucking Stool
- We wanted action on jobs…action we did not get, mnpACT!
- Chanting Points Memo: Jerbs Vs. Jobs, Shot in the Dark
- Cravaack calls for ouster of U.S. Attorney General, Hot Dish Politics
- Senate tax bill cuts business property taxes, asks Dayton to make cuts, Capitol View
- Hard work paying off for public schools, despite rising poverty and inequality, Growth & Justice
- Bachmannn appeals for campaign cash to fight health care law, Capitol View
- Breaking down the StarTribune’s Vikings stadium Wilfare editorial, The Deets
- I.D.’ing the problem II — The street where you live, Mr. Dilletante’s Neighborhood
- What TakeAction Minnesota isn’t telling Minnesotans, Let Freedom Ring
- Absolute zero, Speed Gibson
- MN-08: Why 1974 is not a roadmap for 2012, MN Progressive Project
- Emo Senator: former 2010 candidate downplays knowledge of politics to slam Mike Parry, Bluestem Prairie
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Twin Cities initiative aims to expand business exports, Pioneer Press 3/22/12 7:53 a.m.
CONGRESS – SENATE
- Franken, Dems push for new Super PAC law, MPR
- Klobuchar wants clamp down on oil speculators, MPR
- Area residents share Farm Bill concerns, Marshall Independent
- Activist: Let there be voter ID, just don’t make it racial issue, Marshall Independent
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Pequaywan Township resolution cold to copper mining, Duluth News Tribune 3/22/12 12:00 a.m.
- House committee approves bonding bill; $280 million pricetag pales to Dayton proposal, Pioneer Press 3/21/12 5:52 p.m.
- Voter ID bill headed to Senate floor, MPR
- Senate committee advances Voter ID bill hours after it was approved in the House, Pioneer Press 3/21/12 7:06 p.m.
- House passes GOP business tax elimination, AP
- House GOP pushes business tax elimination, but Democrats zero in on cost to renters, AP 3/21/12 7:41 p.m.
- Rukavina amendment sets allocation of copper-nickel mining taxes, Duluth News Tribune 3/22/12 12:00 a.m.
- Mall of America wants tax break extended, Star Tribune 3/21/12 9:35 p.m.
- Minnesota GOP proposals would phase out state property taxes for businesses, Pioneer Press 3/21/12 11:13 p.m.
- Sports facility: 0-for-2 on bonding, Marshall Independent
- Education bills: Crunch time at the Capitol, MinnPost 3/21/12 9:30 a.m.
- Is it last call for Minn. legislators’ free ride on DWIs?, Star Tribune 3/22/12 12:01 a.m.
- University of Minnesota aquatic species research center would get $4.4 million in House bill, Pioneer Press 3/2112 7:41 p.m.
- Brodkorb closer to filing lawsuit against Senate, MPR
- Brodkorb takes step toward lawsuit, AP 3/21/12 5:32 p.m.
- Michael Brodkorb’s legal filing caps wild week of political drama, ups ante with Senate, MinnPost 3/21/12 5:58 p.m.
- Hilty won’t seek re-election to Minnesota Legislature, Duluth News Tribune 3/22/12 7:19 a.m.
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Rep. Kate Knuth: Warm March, but a chill on energy policy in Minnesota, Star Tribune 3/21/12 7:50 p.m.
- Pete Hegseth: Medical device tax will hit small and mid-size companies hard, Pioneer Press 3/21/12 5:56 p.m.
- Ghita Worcester: Column misrepresented services provided by Minnesota UCare, Duluth News Tribune 3/22/12 12:00 a.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Student loan delinquency harming economy, Albert Lea Tribune 3/21/12 9:56 a.m.
- Editorial: City pledge needed to kick-start stadium, Star Tribune 3/21/12 6:39 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Contractors question new minority hiring goals, Finance and Commerce 3/21/12 5:00 p.m.
- Minnesota ups minority hiring goals as Twin Cities grow more diverse, Pioneer Press 3/21/12 7:24 p.m.
- 3 sheriffs try virtual consolidation of dispatchers, MPR
- St. Paul tenants unclear on who pays to clean up bedbug-infested apartments, Pioneer Press 3/21/12 11:53 p.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Latinos, Somalis want new Minneapolis ward boundaries, MPR
- In St. Paul, Prior Avenue Bikeway work may begin this summer, Pioneer Press 3/21/12 7:51 p.m.
- Vikings stadium talks at Capitol have gone quiet, Pioneer Press 3/21/12 7:42 p.m.