NEWS FROM POLITICS IN MINNESOTA / CAPITOL REPORT
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- State completes tobacco bonds sale 11/17/11 1:07 p.m.
BEST OF THE BLOGS
- State finalizes tobacco bond sale, Capitol View
- Minnesota will pay almost 100% interest on tobacco bonds, MN Publius
- Dayton, legislators: Maybe watching a Vikings game would help, Hot Dish Politics
- The Curious Case of Senate District 38, mnpACT!
- Reform 2.0, the spitting mad edition, Let Freedom Ring
- 58B: Who will run for Bobby Joe Champion’s seat?, MN Progressive Project
- Des Moines Register interview shows how out-of-touch Bachmann is, MN Progressive Project
- Preferential pork or pohlad express, Residual Forces
- Romney Minneapolis fundraiser postponed, Capitol View
- Exposing AFSCME’s spin, Let Freedom Ring
- Dayton: Shutdown report coming next week, Capitol View
BUSINESS / ECONOMY
- Maple Grove appraiser admits to role in mortgage fraud, Star Tribune 11/17/11 9:17 p.m.
- State jobless rate dips to 6.4% in October, Star Tribune 11/17/11 11:20 a.m.
- State and Mankato region’s unemployment rate fell, Mankato Free Press
- Medtronic sheds external defib business, Star Tribune 11/17/11 12:45 p.m.
- Down housing market dooms Rottlund Homes, MPR
- 24 hours, $13.5 million, Star Tribune 11/17/11 9:57 p.m.
CONGRESS – SENATE
- Klobuchar sponsors legislation supporting beginning farmers, ranchers, Alexandria Echo Press 11/17/11 11:50 a.m.
CRIME / POLICE
- Dayton, Klobuchar, White to speak at Farm Bureau Federation meeting, Alexandria Echo Press 11/17/11 8:10 a.m.
- Dayton union child-care order headed to court, Alexandria Echo Press 11/18/11 12:00 a.m.
- Sleepy Eye district considering four-day school week, Mankato Free Press
- SCSU students turn down fee increase for Atwood renovation, St. Cloud Times 11/17/11 6:15 p.m.
- St. Paul libraries gets $100,000 national grant for digital learning lab, MinnPost 11/17/11 11:28 a.m.
- St. Paul Library gets $165,000 technology planning grant, Star Tribune 11/17/11 9:55 p.m.
- New web tool helps prospective students estimate college costs, MPR
- Students play politics with Model Legislature, Winona Daily News 11/18/11 12:00 a.m.
- Army goes solar at Minnesota training site, Midwest Energy News
- 3M: Improved health of Mississippi River means state should drop advisories, MPR
- Project would turn local biomass into anhydrous ammonia for fertilizing crops, West Central Tribune 11/18/11 12:00 a.m.
GOVERNMENT – LOCAL
- Small cities want to stop flood diversion plan for Red River, MPR
- Closing post offices latest hardship for small towns, MPR
- Health care reform will benefit many Minnesotans, analysts say, Pioneer Press 11/17/11 9:23 p.m.
- Economist predicts big impact in Minn. from health care reform law, MPR
OPINION – COMMENTARY
- Sen. Amy Koch: Stadium vote will fail without a workable plan, Star Tribune 11/17/11 7:37 p.m.
OPINION – EDITORIAL
- Editorial: GOP tax ideas could aid reform, Star Tribune 11/17/11 8:04 p.m.
PUBLIC HEALTH / SAFETY
- Census: Minnesota child poverty rate hits 15 percent, AP 11/17/11 7:41 p.m.
- Why Minnesota’s poorest kids will stay poor, MinnPost 11/18/11 12:05 a.m.
- 11 arrested in unemployment protest on bridge, Star Tribune 11/17/11 9:35 p.m.
- Police give Occupy Duluth a deadline to limit encampment, AP 11/17/11 7:40 p.m.
- Bachmann clinic presses gay activist for $150 fee, AP 11/17/11 12:00 a.m.
- Immigration attorney says there were no jobs, Star Tribune 11/17/11 10:15 p.m.
- Charges likely to be filed against Duluth head shop for selling synthetic drugs, Duluth News Tribune 11/18/11 6:12 a.m.
- Minnesota political parties make their redistricting case with maps, AP 11/18/11 7:24 a.m.
- In MN redistricting battle, powerful players clash with citizens on sidelines, ProPublica 11/17/11 10:01 a.m.
SAINT PAUL / MINNEAPOLIS
- Minneapolis Downtown Council looks for new leader, Finance and Commerce 11/17/11 4:46 p.m.
- Architectural fellow will work on Central Corridor issues, Finance and Commerce 11/17/11 3:04 p.m.
- Mpls. leader collects and conquers challenges, Star Tribune 11/17/11 9:47 p.m.
- Minneapolis property tax increases fueled by loss of Homestead Credit, MinnPost 11/17/11 10:15 a.m.
- Minneapolis Mayor Rybak blames GOP legislators for property tax rise, MinnPost 11/17/11 3:08 p.m.
- AECOM has stadium plan, but no client, Finance and Commerce 11/18/11 7:00 a.m.
- Ramsey County officials update Dayton on stadium site, Pioneer Press 11/17/11 11:39 a.m.
- Dayton non-committal on Arden Hills stadium site, MPR
- Sports Facilities head Ted Mondale pushing Minneapolis to settle on one city stadium site, MinnPost 11/17/11 4:07 p.m.
- Broadband rewards go to the well-organized, MPR 11/17/11 8:30 a.m.
- MnDOT OKs frontage roads leading to Elk Run, Star Tribune 11/17/11 10:24 p.m.